We are currently accepting Enrollment Request Forms for the current school year. It is the first step in our enrollment process but does not guarantee enrollment. In the event there are more students who desire to attend an ASU Preparatory Academy campus than there are seats available, a public lottery will be held to determine which students will be admitted and which students will be placed on the waiting list, as well as the order of the waitlist. This is done in accordance with A.R.S 15-184. The lottery is per campus and grade – not all campuses/grades have a waitlist.
Enroll at ASU Preparatory Academy
ASU Preparatory Academy is an open-enrollment charter school with several campuses. We do not charge tuition or administer entrance examinations. We follow the admissions requirements for charter schools set forth in A.R.S. §15–184 and 20 U.S.C. §722li(1)(H)1. Based on the strong interest in attending ASU Preparatory Academy, enrollment is based on a fair system which provides a lottery, if necessary, and a waitlist.
To find out more about ASU Preparatory Academy, we invite you to attend an Information Session.
Join Principal Alexander for an upcoming Information Session to learn more about ASU Prep Academy Pilgrim Rest, a free public charter school offering college preparatory curriculum for students from kindergarten through 6th grade.
Pilgrim Rest Elementary
1401 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Incoming Grades K - 6
Open House / In-Person School Tours
Word Center, Room 316 (3rd floor)
Pilgrim Rest Campus
- Wed, May 18 at 6:45 p.m. – Click here
- Sat, May 21 at 1 p.m. – Click here
- Wed, June 1 at 6:45 p.m. – Click here
- Sat, June 4 at 1 p.m. – Click here
- Sat, June 25 at 1 p.m – Click here
Virtual Information Sessions
The student enrollment request forms are now open for the 2022-23 school year.
Complete an Enrollment Request Form Now!
All forms submitted by 12 p.m. on the Friday before the lottery are recognized as lottery participants. Those applicants not meeting the deadline will be placed on a first-come, first-serve basis after the lottery participants. Applicants who are offered enrollment will receive a call with instructions on how to accept the seat and complete registration paperwork. The Lottery for the upcoming school year is held on the 2nd Tuesday of December for all grades.
Please fill out an Enrollment Request Form to begin our enrollment process at an ASU Preparatory Academy campus:
Applicant Age Requirements
Kindergarten students should be five (5) years old by Sept. 1 and First Grade students should be six (6) years old by Sept. 1 of the year in which they wish to enroll.
Early age students (with a birthday by 12/31 of the school year) may apply for early entrance to kindergarten and First Grade. Additional screening required for enrollment. Please contact our registration office for more information.
All students enrolling must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If you are the legal guardian, you will need to provide one of the following items:
- Current Valid Court Order
- Arizona Court Appointed Guardianship Papers
- Documentation from Superior Court of Arizona showing the pending court date for your Guardianship hearing. Final papers must be provided within a week of the hearing date.
Have You Been Offered Enrollment?
If you have been offered enrollment and are having difficulty locating the required forms, please see the list below and click to obtain the needed form(s):
- Verification of Student Birth
- AZ Proof of Residency Form
- PHLOTE Form (English) (Spanish)
- AZ Guide to School & Childcare Immunizations
- Immunization Exemptions:
Religious (English) (Spanish)
Personal (English) (Spanish)
Medical (English) (Spanish)
After the lottery has taken place and as seats become available, the next family on the waitlist will be contacted and given an offer of enrollment. Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Within 24 hours of the contact phone call and/or email, the family will need to advise ASU Preparatory Academy of their interest in accepting the seat being offered.
- Within 48 hours of accepting the seat, the family must submit all documents listed in the Enrollment Offer email they receive. Once all completed paperwork is submitted, families will receive confirmation of receipt.
- Students are not officially enrolled until all paperwork has been received and the proper notification from the school official has occurred.
- Please do not withdraw your child from their current school until all of the above procedures have occurred.
If the 24 and/or 48 hour deadlines are not met by families, we will recognize this as a decline of the seat offered and your child will be removed from the waitlist.
New students enrolling with ASU Preparatory Academy after the first day of school must be in attendance within 5 school days of the acceptance of the seat.
What constitutes a sibling or what does it mean to have sibling priority?
ASU Preparatory Academy recognizes the importance of families wanting to have all their children attend the same school. The sibling priority will first be applied to those students that have siblings currently attending ASU Preparatory Academy. To those students who have been offered and accepted a place at ASU Preparatory Academy at the time of Lottery, all remaining siblings will first participate in their own lottery. If the sibling isn’t selected, they will then be placed on the sibling priority waitlist. Recognized siblings of currently enrolled students are given priority by being placed above the general public waitlists. Therefore, when/if a seat becomes available, a sibling is offered the seat first. Although we cannot guarantee seats for all siblings, we do our best to accommodate all siblings first.
What constitutes a sibling:
- a full brother or full sister living as one family unit at the same address or living at separate addresses;
- a half brother or half sister living as one family unit at the same address or living at separate addresses;
- an adoptive brother or adoptive sister living as one family at the same address foster brother or foster sister living as one family unit at the same address;
- a stepbrother or stepsister living as one family unit at the same address.
- children of shared households are NOT siblings.
Documentation may be requested to confirm sibling preference.