HALF-CREDIT OPTIONS AVAILABLE; CINEMATOGRAPHY A, CINEMATOGRAPHY B
Whether you love film, want to make videos for fun, or dream of becoming the next big director, this course is a great place to start. This is an entry-level course that will serve as an introduction to basic video/film/audio production. The goal of the course is for the student to develop the ability to capture great video images and audio, and to be able to edit those two elements together to tell a story. No prior video and film experience is needed. You will learn the fundamentals of visual storytelling, narrative writing, cinematography, lighting, and editing which serve as the basic skills necessary to take a short film from start to finish.
- Students will need a single-license of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software – Note: Adobe Premier does not run on the Chromebook operating system. It requires a Mac or Windows OS.
- Access to a digital video camera (can be a smartphone)
- Audio recorder (can also be a smartphone)
- A tripod or monopod to stabilize your camera
- Camera lights (can be lights from around your house)
- As film and video is a collaborative art form, you will need people to be in your projects. This can be parents, siblings, friends or really anybody you can get to help you. The objective of this course isn’t to teach dramatic performance so it’s more important you have subjects to help you even if they don’t consider themselves actors.