Information for Graduates
- On graduation day, please arrive and go to the West Concourse of the arena.
- If you plan to attend the ceremony, please RSVP. For ASU Prep Digital students, use this link to RSVP. For all other campuses, please RSVP with your counselor. They will make sure a seat is available for you at the ceremony.
- All graduates are invited to attend a practice rehearsal for the ceremony prior to the big day. Your counselor/LSC will have more details.
- Graduates are responsible for the cost of their cap and gown. ASU Prep Digital students will be given a link to pay for their gown and have it shipped to their home. All other grads and can pay for their cap and gown through Infinite Campus and it will be delivered to their school. Please speak with your counselor/LSC for details.
- Students who qualified for honor cords or stoles will receive them in advance of the ceremony.
- Do not attempt to iron your gown, it must be steamed. Click here to see how to care for and wear your cap and gown, as demonstrated by a previous ASU Prep Grad.
- Please do not bring bags or backpacks to the ceremony. All cellphones and electronics must be on mute during the ceremony.
- All graduates should check with their counselor/LSC on the dress code requirements for what is appropriate to wear beneath your gown. Think business-casual, and remember: your shirt top will show at the neck of your graduation gown. Most importantly, wear something that won’t distract from the formality of the ceremony. Please do not wear shoes with tall heels, as we will walk a steep ramp to the floor of the arena.
- GradImages will take several complimentary photos of each graduate during the ceremony. Please be respectful of them as they move around the arena to capture photos of the event.
- During the ceremony, graduates will receive their diploma cover. Actual diplomas will be provided after the ceremony. Please speak with your counselor/LSC on logistics.
- Honors cords: Students graduating with honors will receive cords to represent their accomplishments:
- Summa cum laude (GPA of 3.8 or higher) cords are maroon and gold
- Magna cum laude (GPA of 3.6 – 3.79) cords are gold and white
- Cum laude (GPA of 3.4 – 3.59) cords are maroon and white
NOTE: Our ceremony will also be livestreamed at https://video.ibm.com/asutv for those unable to attend the event in person.
Information for Families/Guests
- On graduation day, the doors will open 1 hour before the event start. Guests will not be permitted to enter early with their graduates.
- Parking and seating are both first-come, first-served, and free. This is not a ticketed event. We recommend parking in Lot 58, Lot 59 or the Packard Parking Structure.
- Stroller check will be available outside, next to the ramp for the east doors of the arena (near Lot 58).
- Our ceremony will have captioning on our video screens. Click here for other accessibility and disability information. Wheelchairs will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the north entrance.
- Face coverings are recommended but not required at Sun Devil venues. Please keep an eye on ASU’s Fan Safety Protocols and check in with your school when we’re closer to the ceremony.
- ASU has a clear bag policy. Please click the link for other entrance policies and prohibited items before coming to the arena. Flowers are allowed in the arena, but no glass. Hydro flasks are permitted as long as they are under 32oz and empty at the time of entering the arena. There are water filling stations throughout the arena.
- GradImages will take several complimentary photos of each graduate during the ceremony. Please do not stand in aisles or on the floor of the arena during the ceremony.
- Graduates are responsible for the cost of their cap and gown. ASU Prep Digital students will be given a link to pay for their cap and gown and have it shipped to their home. All other grads and can pay for their cap and gown through Infinite Campus and it will be delivered to their school. Please speak with your counselor/LSC for details.
- Personalized graduation announcements may be purchased at your discretion. Since we ask that families take care of their own announcements, we try not to influence their decision on which businesses to support. If you would like to create your own announcements, here is some guidance on our ASU Prep logos and color codes.
- As a courtesy to those around you and to our graduating students, please turn off cellular phones and other electronic equipment during the ceremony. Do not bring triggering items like airhorns, or items that will disrupt the view of the ceremony for families who sit near and behind you. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.