Waitlist Procedures (K-9)
After the lottery has taken place and as seats become available, the next family on the waitlist will be contacted and given an offer of enrollment. Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Within 24 hours of the contact phone call and/or email, the family will need to advise ASU Preparatory Academy of their interest in accepting the seat being offered.
- Within 48 hours of accepting the seat, the family must submit all documents listed in the Enrollment Offer email they receive. Once all completed paperwork is submitted, families will receive confirmation of receipt.
- Students are not officially enrolled until all paperwork has been received and the proper notification from the school official has occurred.
- Please do not withdraw your child from their current school until all of the above procedures have occurred.
- If the 24 and/or 48 hour deadlines are not met by families, we will recognize this as a decline of the seat offered and your child will be removed from the waitlist.
Waitlist Procedures (10-12)
After the lottery has taken place and as seats become available, families on the waitlist will be contacted and the following procedures will take place:
- Within 24 hours of the contact phone call and/or email, the family will need to advise ASU Preparatory Academy of their interest in applying for the seat offered.
- Within 48 hours of this expression of interest, the family will need to submit the following documents for their student: most recent transcript, current course listing and grades.
- Once these documents have been submitted to the school, and the leadership team has met to determine if attending ASU Prep would be in the best interest of the student’s high school career, a school official will contact the family to advise on final enrollment.
- If enrollment is offered, families will need to submit all paperwork listed in their Offer of Enrollment email within 48 hours.
*New students will not be enrolled for the current school year after the first day of the second semester. If the lottery date occurs before the start of the second semester, new students will not be enrolled after the lottery date.
**New students enrolling with ASU Preparatory Academy after the first day of school must be in attendance within 5 school days of the acceptance of the seat.
What Constitutes a Sibling or What Does it Mean to have Sibling Priority?
ASU Preparatory Academy recognizes the importance of families wanting to have all their children attend the same school. The sibling priority will first be applied to those students that have siblings currently attending ASU Preparatory Academy. To those students who have been offered and accepted a place at ASU Preparatory Academy at the time of Lottery, all remaining siblings will first participate in their own lottery. If the sibling isn’t selected, they will then be placed on the sibling priority waitlist. Recognized siblings of currently enrolled students are given priority by being placed above the general public waitlists. Therefore, when/if a seat becomes available, a sibling is offered the seat first. Although we cannot guarantee seats for all siblings, we do our best to accommodate all siblings first. What constitutes a sibling:
- a full brother or full sister living as one family unit at the same address or living at separate addresses;
- a half brother or half sister living as one family unit at the same address or living at separate addresses;
- an adoptive brother or adoptive sister living as one family at the same address foster brother or foster sister living as one family unit at the same address;
- a stepbrother or stepsister living as one family unit at the same address.
- Children of shared households are NOT siblings.
Documentation may be requested to confirm sibling preference.