Putting Students on a Path to College
ASU Prep is a college prep K–12 school and part of Arizona State University, ranked the most innovative university in the country. We want students to feel like a Sun Devil from day one. It’s why we offer them an accelerated path toward university admission and careers of the future with the opportunity to earn college credit while they’re in high school.
How it Works
The path to college starts in Kindergarten with personalized learning that allows students to work at their own pace. Once in high school, students can take up to four college-level courses per year with tuition paid by ASU Prep. With online and in-person learning options, we offer two ways to earn college credit that work with a student’s schedule and goals.
- Universal Learning®️ Courses: These select courses are offered online and provide students the opportunity to take college level courses and choose at the end of their course if they would like ASU Academic credit.
- Concurrent Courses: These courses are offered in person at an ASU campus or online and provide students the opportunity to take any ASU course offered in the course catalog, with the final grade automatically reflecting as ASU Academic credit.
Personalized College Pathways
Every ASU Prep student works with a counselor or Learning Success Coach (LSC) to create a personalized college pathway to complete high school and begin working on college and career goals. This accelerated track gives students the chance to take university courses and earn credits in their major while still in high school, saving both time and money when they get to college.
The Support to Succeed
We believe all students can succeed. It’s why we surround ASU Prep students with support and communicate closely with their families to help them reach their goals and accelerate their path to college.
- Expert Teachers provide instruction, feedback, and monitor students’ day-to-day learning progress.
- University Staff provide instruction and support for students taking college courses.
- School Counselors check in with students regularly to ensure they’re on track to meet their goals.
- Families have all the tools needed to support students, including progress updates and college resources.
Paul Earned 65 College Credits While in High School
“Thanks to the concurrent courses, I will be able to start my Computer Systems Engineering (Cybersecurity) degree at ASU as a college senior, saving me nearly 4 years and over $50,000 in tuition fees. I gained advanced knowledge and skills that put me on a fast track to achieving my academic and career goals, including securing a prestigious internship this summer.”
Satya Earned 15 College Credits While in High School
“I am so thankful for the opportunity and the amazing experience of taking these classes. In my women’s studies courses, I was really able to build a community and the older students and faculty inspired me to apply to ASU for undergrad.”
Judah Earned 25 College Credits While in High School
“I had the opportunity to pursue a wide variety of university classes while in high school that satisfied some of the requirements for my college major—Medical Studies. My concurrent enrollment at ASU helped me not only complete 9 college-level courses, but also receive guidance and the jump-start I needed to commence my academic journey.”
Ready to get on the path to college?
New students can contact an admissions advisor for help deciding which college path to pursue. Current students will work with their counselor to customize a path to help them reach their goals.