Parental Information Request Policy and Process
ASU Prep will provide records and information when requested by parents, in regard to their minor child. The request is required to be in writing and in accordance with the legal requirements outlined in AZ statutes 15-143 and 1-602.
This standard operating procedure addresses the process by which parents request and gain access to all written and electronic records of a school district or charter school or a school district or charter school employee concerning the parents child, pursuant to section 15-143. As dictated by the Arizona statute 1-602, the Parents Bill of Rights, in which all parental rights are reserved to a parent of a minor child without obstruction or interference from this state, any political subdivision of this state, any other governmental entity or any other institution, including, but not limited to, the following rights: All rights of parents identified in title 15, including the right to access and review all records relating to the minor child.
Process for Requesting Curriculum Information
1. Parents submit a request in writing to the Principal of the site.
- Parental Rights Handbook outlines the process.
2. Principal coordinates with the ASU Prep Curriculum Team and Teacher to provide requested information in accordance with the law.
Process for Requesting All Other Information (Parent)
1. Parents submit a help ticket request through a link on the website.
a. Link to Ticket: https://support.asuprep.org/support/catalog/items/120
- i. If parents do not have an account in the ASU Prep help ticket system they will be prompted to create an account.
b. Parents may request any and/or all of the electronic accounts of the parents child, including all of the following:
- Attendance records.
- Test scores of school-administered tests and statewide assessments.
- Extracurricular activities or club participation.
- Disciplinary records.
- Counseling records.
- Psychological records.
- Applications for admissions.
- Health and immunization information, including medical records that are maintained by a health clinic or medical facility operated or controlled by the school district or charter school or that are located on the school district or charter school property.
- Teacher and counselor evaluations.
- Reports of behavioral patterns.
- Email accounts.
- Online or virtual accounts or data.
2. ASU Prep registrars will compile the information requested and unless otherwise indicated in request, digitally provide the response in a secure manner.
a. All responses will be reviewed for compliance by the Director of Student Data and State Compliance.