What are the current learning models and what changes have been made to the learning models?
- Hybrid A: In-person on Monday and Tuesday and virtual on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. During the virtual learning days students will follow daily live lessons throughout the day coupled with asynchronous time. Students will not be asked to be live, on video all day long.
- Hybrid B: Virtual on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday and in-person Wednesday and Thursday. During the virtual learning days students will follow daily live lessons throughout the day coupled with asynchronous time. Students will not be asked to be live, on video all day long.
- In-person: Five days per week in-person. Students will be in the classroom during their full instructional day.
- Virtual: Five days per week learning virtually with live lesson times throughout the five days coupled with asynchronous time. This model will be very similar to the model every student is currently learning in. The only change will be the addition of live lessons on Friday.
If my student stays in the virtual model – does this mean they will be switched to ASU Prep Digital?
No, the virtual model will be very similar to the model every student is currently learning in. The only change will be the addition of live lessons on Friday.
Will my child have the opportunity to participate in a different model throughout the year?
Absolutely. Parents/guardians will be able to change their students’ learning model on a quarterly basis by submitting a request to the school three weeks prior to the end of the quarter. At any point during the quarter, if circumstances necessitate a change back to the virtual learning model for the quarter families can contact the school and these requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
How many students will be in a classroom?
We are following CDC guidelines of keeping students six feet apart to maintain social distancing. Depending on the size of the classroom this could vary from room to room.
Will students share school supplies?
If students need to share school supplies there will be a designated area in each classroom to collect after being used. The item will then be cleaned prior to another student using the item.
Will my students have recess?
Recess will still be offered, but it will look different this year and vary by the space limits of the school grounds since every student will need to keep to six feet distance. We know that playground equipment will not be available for use as it is impossible to keep it clean and sanitized throughout the day. In addition, we will provide ‘brain breaks’ and physical stretch breaks within the classroom.
Middle and High School Specific
What will passing periods look like?
- Hallways will be divided in half
- Students will be asked to walk in single file lines
- We will also stagger passing periods by a few minutes
- Masks worn at all times
Health and Safety
What will safety precations be when schools reopen?
We will be taking several precautionary measures, please view the latest health and safety PPT. This will include screening and temperature checks for students and screening for staff.
What benchmarks are you using? [Added 10/1]
We are monitoring the Maricopa and Pinal County school benchmark information by the school zip code which is updated weekly.
What are the 5 health screening questions? [Revised 10/1]
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or higher or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any new respiratory symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Are you experiencing any new muscle aches or chills?
- Have you experienced any new change in your sense of taste or smell?
Will there be temperature checks throughout the day or only at the beginning of the day?
Only at the beginning of the day unless a child presents with symptoms during the day at which time they will be isolated in the nurse’s office and assessed.
Will my child be required to wear a mask/face covering? [Revised 10/1]
Everyone on campus will be required to wear a face mask. Teachers will be providing mask breaks throughout the day.
Will the masks need to match the school uniforms?
Student masks/face coverings do not need to match the school uniform. However, they should not have inappropriate images or logos.
What will you do if someone tests positive for COVID-19?
Student confidentiality will be maintained at all times. School leadership will be notified and disinfecting of affected areas will be done. We will move students to another area of the school to maintain the education of those in school without interruption or health risk. Steps will be taken according to the guidance of the Maricopa County or Pinal County Public Health.
If students present with fevers or COVID-19 like symptoms while at school will they be removed immediately?
If a student becomes sick during the school day, they will be isolated, assessed by the nurse, and sent home.
Will parents/guardians be allowed on campus for volunteer work or to walk children to their class?
We will not utilize volunteers at this time in order to control the number of people in contact with students and reduce the risk of the spread of the virus.
Will parents/guardians be able to visit the front office / school? [Revised 10/1]
Parents/Guardians will be asked to schedule any school related business through an online portal. When the parent/guardian arrives at the school, a staff member will check their temperature and have them answer the health screening questions. Physical distancing will be followed and face coverings must be worn. Siblings are discouraged from coming to school with their parents/guardians.
What will lunch look like? [Revised 10/1]
Students will eat lunch in their classroom following proper hand washing etiquette and physical distancing measures. No microwaves or refrigerators will be available for student use.
Special Education Services and 504 Accommodations
Will special education services and 504 accommodations be available in any of the models that a family chooses?
Yes. Regardless of the model that a student participates in, special education services and 504 accommodations will be provided. Special education and related services will be provided according to the student’s IEP.
What if there are goals on the IEP that do not work in the new model?
IEP teams and 504 teams will have the opportunity to meet to make any adjustments to the plans as needed.
How will therapy (speech, OT, counseling) be offered?
Services can be offered in different ways. Teams in a hybrid environment can decide which day makes sense for therapy, e.g., maybe on virtual day of learning to not interfere with in-person classroom time. Teletherapy, the provision of services in a virtual environment, will be available for the students that require it and those who it is a match for their goals and needs.
What if I have questions now about my child’s services?
Questions should be directed to the special education teacher or school principal.
Protocolos de Seguridad y Salud
Infinite Campus Portal – Viewing Learning Model
Infinite Campus Portal – viendo modelo de aprendizaje