In compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) 2004, ASU Preparatory Academy will conduct child find activities for children birth through 21 years old.
The following are the procedures: Pre-referral, Child Find and Identification
- Review school records (from prior schools and school of current enrollment).
- Complete a 45-day screening for school-aged children.
- Document interventions attempted for school-aged children prior to referring for an evaluation.
- Refer children suspected of having a disability age birth to three years to Arizona Early Intervention Program.
- Provide information to parent(s) in writing.
- If appropriate, refer the child for evaluation and/or other appropriate services. Charter schools identify, locate, and evaluate all children with disabilities within their population served who are in need of special education and related services. For more information, contact your school site.